Laundry Worker (NGIS), NA-7304-02
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- $10.82 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Relocation not authorized
- Application Email:
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Ensures security of all guests is maintained at all times. Ensures guest privacy is maintained at all times. Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills professionally interact with guests answering guest questions concerning hotel facilities; and provide information about local attractions. Provide assistance
in handling customer complaints, involving management as necessary. Sorts, washes, dries, folds, bundles wraps, and issues linen in accordance with established instructions and/or as directed by the Leader/ Supervisor. Operates commercial washers, dryers and ironing press paying special attention to detail while working with the laundry to prevent staining over-bleaching, or over-starching. Picks up
and delivers laundry to various facilities. May be required to load unload, attach/detach laundry chemicals as needed by hand or using carts, dollies, hand trucks, golf carts or similar lifting /carrying devices. Inventory laundry to detect missing and/or damaged items Maintains inventory, records damages and issues requests for replacement items to sustain par standards set by management.
Reads and follows written directions from manufacturer and/or supervisor on the proper use of all equipment and chemicals. Cleans filters, equipment, and notifies supervisor of any malfunctions. Sweeps, mops, dust, and empties trash in order to maintain cleanliness of laundry facility and linen storage areas. Maintains documentation of work performed on a daily and monthly basis. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Able to apply general knowledge of processes chemicals (including MSDS) and equipment associated with laundry services. Adherence to basic safety policies is required. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English. Must possess basic math and reading skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a Resume or NAF Application to:
5722 Integrity Drive Bldg. S-455
Millington, TN 38054
Print friendly downloads
EEO Policies and Documents
- Declaration for Federal Employment
- Military Spouse Preference
- EEO Brochure
- CNIC NAF Employee handbook
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may not be interviewed and due to the volume of applications received, may not be notified. Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southeast is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.
Guidelines for Claiming Employment Preference:
1. Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have a priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The Marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
Submit a sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran’s Preference: Qualifying military veterans and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran’s preference, you must:
Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy): AND
Submit Completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.)
To claim Gold Star Veteran’s preference, you MUST:
Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.)