Recreation Asst. (Ellison/Ticket and Travel), NF-0189-02
- Announcement Number:
- Community Recreation
- Position Status:
- $11.06 - $14.00 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Relocation not authorized
- Application Email:
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Incumbent is responsible for providing customer service, information and support of community recreation programs and activities. Service to MWR customers includes, but is not limited to: checking ID cards to ensure authorized use of recreation facilities, resources and equipment, providing information about activities and program offerings, opening and closing facilities, ordering and restocking supplies, and preparing snack bar menu items or pre-packaged retail items. Collects fees from customers associated with sales of tickets, retail and rental items, as well as from classes, trips, and various other community recreation programs using Point of Sales (POS) and computer programs. Is accountable for the accuracy of daily sales transactions and completes a Daily Activity Report (DAR) at the end of every shift. Assists in processing customer Internet registrations (i.e. Net Near You), initial log-ins and event registrations. (20%) Net Near You), initial log-ins event registrations. Checks Community Recreation equipment and resources in and out, collects any applicable rental fees, inventories items and completes inspections upon return. Assists in day-to-day administration of multiple programs to which assigned. Tasks include submission of event after-action reports, patronage data collection and database administration. Performs inventory of various types of equipment, retail goods, supplies and items deemed to have cash value. All administrative duties are accomplished through a variety of means, including computer software programs which track resource inventories, patron usage/comments, and program standards metrics. Assists with recruitment, training and scheduling of community recreation staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Computer experience is crucial. Must be able to learn MWR policies, rules and regulations. Familiarity with cash handling procedures and sales operation. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. MUST BE COMPUTER SAVVY.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a Resume or NAF Application to:
5722 Integrity Drive Bldg. S-455
Millington, TN 38054
Print friendly downloads
EEO Policies and Documents
- Declaration for Federal Employment
- Military Spouse Preference
- EEO Brochure
- CNIC NAF Employee handbook
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may not be interviewed and due to the volume of applications received, may not be notified. Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southeast is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.
Employment Preference Guidelines:
1. Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have a priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The Marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
Submit a sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran’s Preference: Qualifying military veterans and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran’s preference, you must:
Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy): AND
Submit Completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.)
To claim Gold Star Veteran’s preference, you MUST:
Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.)