Cashier (Golf), NF-0530-01
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- $7.25 - $10.00 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- No relocation
- Application Email:
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: This position could be located within any activity in the MWR Department. Incumbent collects and issues moneybags, cash funds, and sub-custody receipts from Sales Associates/Cashiers; maintains log record of movement of money bags and cash funds issued. Prepares bank deposits of cash receipts and makes change funds for cash registers. Cashes payroll checks, personal checks, government checks, traveler’s checks, and money orders for authorized patrons, assuring that proper identification is provided. Checks names against "bad check" list and/or social security number before processing the payment of personal checks. Receives, counts, and verifies monies received with daily cash reports for accuracy. Prepares coversheet by register, amount and register number with Daily Cash Report, as required. Operates package machines in connection with the counting and wrapping of coins and currency for change machines. Maintains appropriate logs as necessary. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must have knowledge of basic cash handling procedures, be familiar with currency and negotiability requirements, and be able to operate a cash register. Knowledge of business mathematics and routine office procedures required. Six months of experience is preferred. This position is subject to a favorable National Agency Check (NAC).
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a Resume or NAF Application to:
5722 Integrity Drive Bldg. S-455
Millington, TN 38054
Print friendly downloads
EEO Policies and Documents
- Declaration for Federal Employment
- Military Spouse Preference
- EEO Brochure
- CNIC NAF Employee handbook
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may not be interviewed and due to the volume of applications received, may not be notified. Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southeast is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.
Employment Preference Guidelines:
1. Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have a priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
Submit a copy of your BBA Separation
Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The Marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to the installation listed above. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions.
To claim this preference, you MUST:
Submit a sponsor’s PCS orders to installation you are applying for; AND
If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran’s Preference: Qualifying military veterans and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran’s preference, you must:
Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy): AND
Submit Completed SF15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
Submit any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.)
To claim Gold Star Veteran’s preference, you MUST:
Submit completed SF-15 from the Veterans Administration (VA); AND
Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.)